Home » JEE Advanced 2019
Category Archives: JEE Advanced 2019
In view of the clash in the dates of JEE Advanced 2019 and the last phase of general elections, the examination date of JEE Advanced 2019 has been shifted to May 27, 2019 (Monday). According to an earlier plan, next edition of JEE Advanced, the entrance examination held for admission to premier technological institutes in the country, was scheduled to be held on May 19. A notification posted on the official website of JEE Advanced, the examination will be held in India and abroad, on May 27, 2019 (Monday), in the following two shifts: Paper 1 (09:00 to 12:00 IST) and Paper 2 (14:00 to 17:00 IST).
Last phase of Lok Sabha elections will be held on May 19, in which 59 constituencies from 8 states (Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, West Bengal, Chandigarh and Uttar Pradesh) will vote.
“In view of the clash in the dates of JEE (Advanced) 2019 and the last phase of General Elections 2019, the examination date of JEE (Advanced) 2019 has been shifted to May 27, 2019 (Monday),” said a statement from JEE Advanced organisers.
“The examination will be held in India and abroad, on May 27, 2019 (Monday), in the following two shifts: Paper 1 (09:00 to 12:00 IST) and Paper 2 (14:00 to 17:00 IST),” the statement added.
The entire JEE (Advanced) 2019 Examination will be conducted in fully computer based test mode.
According to reports, 2,24,000 students would be appearing in the JEE Advanced 2019 exam this year.
Students are selected to appear in JEE Advanced based on the scores in JEE Main. This year JEE Main is being conducted twice. The cut off marks to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be announced after the result for second JEE Main 2019 is released.
Currently, National Testing Agency (NTA) is in the process of JEE Main April exam.
The last date to apply for JEE Main April 2019 exam was March 7, 2019.
The exam will be conducted between April 7 and April 20, 2019.
The result will be declared by the end of April after which the application process for JEE Advanced 2019 will begin.
NTA has already released the result for JEE Main January 2019 exam.
JEE Advanced 2019: Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Roorkee has released the preliminary poster for the JEE Advanced 2019 examination. Around, 2,24,000 candidates would be shortlisted on the basis of the JEE Main 2019 Rank for the JEE Advanced or IIT JEE examination 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019: Application process
JEE Advanced 2019 applications would begin in May first week after JEE Main 2019 Final result and rank is declared.
The cut off for the JEE Advanced 2019 examination would be shared at the time of declaration of JEE Main 2019 Rank. As per National Testing Agency circular, the JEE Main 2019 rank is expected to be announced by April 30, 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 examination is scheduled for May 19, 2019 and would be conducted by IIT Roorkee this year.
JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
As per the poster available on the website, candidates born on or after October 1, 1994 are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2019. Please note, this means that the candidate should be 25 years of age or less as on October 1, 2019.
NOTE: JEE Advanced 2019 examination is scheduled for May 19, 2019 and would be conducted by IIT Roorkee this year.
- Candidates who have appeared in JEE Advanced 2017 or before are not eligible to apply
- Also, candidates who have appeared in their board examination in 2018 or would be appearing in 2019 are eligible to apply
- For Foreign candidates, only criteria 2,3,4 and 5 are eligible
Hence, the eligibility criteria as mentioned in NOTE above will be considered for the age limit. All students are advised to go through the information bulletin as and when it is released.
All the students are advised to keep a close check on the official website of JEE Advanced which is jeeadv.ac.in for clarification on the age limit order.
JEE Advanced 2019: Extramarks’ app boasts of a Weekly Test series, wherein, once a week, students can avail the opportunity to be nationally tested along with their peers
The Joint Entrance Exam for admission into the premier IITs is among the toughest, most cut-throat competitive exams in India. One could argue that in terms of scale and selection, it is among the toughest exams in the world. No wonder then that preparation stress and anxiety dominates the life of most aspirants, who are in search of a credible resource to help them crack the JEE entrance with confidence.
The doyen of digital learning, Extramarks, has recently revamped its IIT-JEE app to cater to the exam prep of engineering aspirants, especially keeping in mind the latest developments in the exam pattern. As is common knowledge now, the National Testing Agency (NTA), constituted in November 2017, will be conducting the IIT-JEE entrance test, 2019 onwards.
The test will be held twice, once in January and then in April, but the most significant aspect of this development is that the test will only take place in the ONLINE mode.
This being a new development, the anxiety among students, who are as yet not prepared to deal with exam pressure in the online mode, is on a rise. Bearing this in mind, Extramarks has remodeled its IIT-JEE Prep app into a robust testing platform, to give students a complete hang of the online climate of testing. The gap created by the change in exam format, as announced in July this year, is being bridged by the timely introduction of the app by Extramarks.
“We have developed a robust testing engine, which can tremendously benefit the students looking at giving the JEE exam in 2019,” shared Atul Kulshrestha, Chairman and Managing Director, Extramarks Education. He further adds, “Experts and educators with proven test records have been brought on board to create and curate practice and mock test papers. We’ve been very meticulous while shaping our IIT-JEE app, keeping up with the current changes and needs.”
The app boasts of a Weekly Test series, wherein, once a week, students can avail the opportunity to be nationally tested along with their peers, thus gaining a comprehensive insight into where they stand. Like Atul shared, educators whose students have gained top ranked in the previous IIT entrance exams, have curated this series of tests.
They will help students get a feel of the actual exam. In addition, several mock test papers, practice test papers and previous years papers are available through the app as well. Extramarks deeply believes in personalization of the learning experience, and keeping that in mind, there is an option for the students to self-create chapter and subject-wise tests, picking areas they think they need more practice in.
Another significant feature of the app is the extensive and deep real-time reports generated through student performances. The app is AI and data analytics backed, which helps in letting a student understand areas of strengths and improvement, thus leading to an informed planning of study.
The app carries updated exam information, pattern and syllabus, thus being a smart-phone capsule to be carried along by the serious JEE aspirants everywhere and learning on the go.
The JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key will be released as per the expected schedule after the JEE Advanced 2019 Examination is concluded. The conducting body IIT usually releases the answer key and is considered as the official one. As of now, it has been specified by the governing authority that JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted on May 19, 2019 which will be a Computer Based Test. JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key is expected to be released in the month of last week of May 2019. The Answer Key of JEE Advanced 2019 will be displayed in the online portal, jeeadv.ac.in. The Answer Key will be released for both Paper 1 & Paper 2, and for all the codes.
Although many coaching institutes also release the Answer Keys before the official Answer Key of JEE Advanced 2019, the official answer key is considered the valid one. Thus before getting into any conclusions, you must wait for the official answer key to be released.
JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key
Candidates who took the examination will be also sent their responses to their registered email id. The examination conducting body will also provide the time to the candidates to send their feedback about the published answer key through a candidate portal. The schedule of the JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key release is given in the table below:
|JEE Advanced 2019 Examination Date||19 May 2019|
|Copy of candidate responses to be sent to the candidates||2nd week of May 2019|
|Online display of answer keys||Last week of May 2019|
|Feedback and comments on answer keys from the candidates||Last week of May 2019|
Answer Keys: The JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key will be available at www.jeeadv.ac.in.
How to check the JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key
The responses of the candidates who have appeared for both Paper 1 and Paper 2, recorded during the exam, will be electronically mailed to their registered email ids, as per the above mentioned schedule. Candidates will have to check the official JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key in the online portal. Below are the steps to check the same:
- Visit the official website jeeadv.ac.in or the direct links that will be provided above on this page as per the schedule.
- Click on ‘official answer key released’ notification on the open window.
- The candidate login page will appaer. Enter the details that are asked there. You will need to enter the Registration Number, Date of Birth, paper name and other details.
- Next click submit. The Answer Key will appaer on the screen.
- You can refer it from there, or download for future references.
Checking the Answers using JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key
How do you check the answers using the JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key? It is very simple. Following are the steps to check your response:
- You just have to match the responses they have marked in the examination which will be indicated on the response sheet sent to you in your email id, with the official JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key.
- For each correct response you will have to award yourself marks and for each wrong answer deduct marks as per the marking scheme which will be disclosed at the time of the JEE Advanced 2019 Examination. Thus, you will be able to decide your estimated score for JEE Advanced 2019.
- As soon as the score is estimated you can access the Rank predictor of JEE Advanced 2019 to predict your rank.
Note: The rank that will be predicted will be based on your estimated result. Do not consider it the final one. The final Rank Card and Rank list of JEE Advanced 2019 will be released. You can find all the details of JEE Advanced Rank Card, Rank List and how to check the same in our other article ‘JEE Advanced 2019 Result‘.
If you are looking forward to take admissions to one of the reputed IITs of the nation you will have to register for JEE Advanced 2019. JEE Advanced 2019 Registration will be done through an online portal. Once the portal is active aspirants can start with their JEE Advanced 2019 Registration process.
To apply for JEE Advanced 2019 you will have to complete the Registration Process, make the necessary fee payments and access your JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card through JEE Advanced 2019 Login. If you have qualified the JEE Mains 2019 Paper 1 then only you can register for JEE advanced 2019. On this page, you will find all the detailed information about the Registration process of JEE advanced 2019 in a simplified manner. Keep a regular track of this page to stay updated with the process and the deadlines.
JEE Advanced 2019 Registration
Before getting into the JEE Advanced 2019 Registration process, make sure you have gone through the eligibility criteria and have understood them. Next, you need to know the schedule of the application process, which we are mentioning in the table below. The dates will be updated as soon as the official notice released.
|JEE Advanced 2019||Important Dates|
|Online Registration Starts||1st week of May|
|Online registration Closes||1st week of May|
|Last date for fee payment for registered candidates||1st week of May|
|JEE Advanced 2019 exam date||19 May 2019|
Registration: The online Registration portal will be available at www.jeeadv.ac.in.
Know if you are Eligible for JEE Advanced 2019 Registration
You must know the eligibility criteria before applying for JEE Main 2019 Registration. We are listing down the eligibility criteria here for you in a simplified manner. Read the criteria below:
- Your Performance in JEE Main Paper 1: If you have qualified the JEE Main Paper 1, and are among the top decided number of candidates, you can register for JEE Advanced 2019.
- Your Age: You should fulfil the age limit criteria set by the conducting bodies. Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1993. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PWD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1988.
- Number of Attempts: If you have attempted JEE Advanced twice, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2019. The maximum number of attempts is 2.
- Class 12: A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2017 or 2018.
- Earlier admissions to IITs: A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled after joining any IIT are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 Registration Fees
The registration fees for JEE Advanced 2019 is given in the table below. The mode of payment and other important instructions will be available at the time of Registration. The registration fee shown below doesn’t include any service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the payment gateway/banks may charge.
Expected Registration Fee for Examination Centres in India
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1300|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1300|
|All Other Candidates||NR 2600|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 300|
Expected Registration Fee for Examination Centres in Foreign countries
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||All Indian Nationals||USD 160|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 300|
How to Register for JEE Advanced 2019
Registering for JEE Advanced 2019 will be done via an online portal. The conducting body will declare the dates of the registration process and post that, one can start with the registration process. Below are the simplified steps of the JEE Advanced 2019 Registration process.
- Step 1: Candidates will have to register themselves on the online portal first. The direct link to the portal will be made available here on this page as per the schedule.
- Step 2: After the successful Registration, you will have to log in using the generated username and password.
- Step 3: After login, provide the basic data and the choices of the cities for the examination.
- Step 4: Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents.
- Step 5: Pay registration fee. The fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Documents required for JEE Advanced 2019 Registration
During the JEE Advanced 2019 Registration, you will be asked to upload scanned copy of certain documents. The list of documents that you must keep ready are:
- Class 10 certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it OR birth certificate.
- Class 12 (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2018 or whose board declared the Class 12 (or equivalent examination) result after June 2017).
- If the name is not same as in the Class 10 certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name.
- OBC-NCL certificate in confirmation with the latest guidelines of the Government of India (If Applicable).
- Caste (for SC) or tribe (for ST) certificate (FORM-SC/ST), the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
- Physical Disability certificate issued by the notified medical authority.
- For Candidates needing the services of a scribe, a request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
- For Candidates seeking admission under the DS category Certificate issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- PIO card or OCI certificate, as applicable.
Note: The Format of the certificates will be available with the Information Brochure of JEE Advanced 2019.