NTA has released JEE Main Mock Test and lectures online on the official website. Candidates can practice or download With NTA now at the helm of affairs, JEE Main will be conducted twice every year. The first session of JEE Main 2019 will be conducted from January 06 to January 20.
The organizing authority has also decided scrap the pen and paper based test. The exam will be now completely conducted in online mode. This has created a big uproar among candidates who are not familiar with the online mode.
To make the transition to computer based test easy, NTA has established nearly 3000 training centers to aid students from remote areas to practice for the online based test. They simply need to register for the practice centers on the official site for access.
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
Candidates can also practice on the official mock test on official website of NTA. This article covers detailed steps for practicing mock test on official website as well registering for the new practice centers.
How to take JEE Main 2019 mock tests?
- To get started with JEE Main 2019 mock test, Click Here
- Candidates would be asked to select the exam they are appearing for and the corresponding paper.
- Click on “Start Mock Test”.
- Candidates would not be asked for any credentials. After this, Login.
- At the beginning of the mock tests, general instructions would be provided. The instructions would help the students to know the to-dos in the mocks.
- After making declarations on general instructions, click on “Proceed”.
- Question board on the right side of the screen would be depicting the status of the questions in the mock test. For different status, different colors are involved to show the answer status of each question.
Answer status as per the color of buttons
- Grey – Unvisited
- Green –Answered
- Red – Not answered
- Purple –Put it for review and has not answered yet
- Purple with a green circle –Marked for review but has been answered
Things to be taken care of while attempting JEE Main 2019 Mock Test
- Time duration for the exam comprises of 3 hours.
- The remaining time of the test would be displayed on the countdown timer which is fixed at the right hand corner on top of the screen.
- After the allotted time is over, the exam would be submitted automatically.
- If a question is answered and is marked for review as well, then that answer would be considered for marking in the actual exam.
- Candidates may also revisit the questions that they have left unanswered and marked for review.
How to navigate the questions in mock test
- On clicking any question number from the question board, you would be reaching that question directly. But this should not be used to save your answer for current question.
- To answer any question, click on the “save and next” button and you would be directed to the next question.
- Candidates may also use “Mark for review and next”. This would save the answer and would guide you to the next question.
How to answer the questions and navigate the sections?
- Choose the option desired by you and click on “Save and Next” button which would save your answer and lead you to the next question in sequence.
- In order to change your answer, click on the respective option.
- “Clear Response” is used when you want to erase a marked answer.
- “Mark for Review and Next” would save your answer and mark it for review.
- All the sections are named on the top of the screen and the section which is being viewed would get highlighted.
- To go through a particular section, just click on that section. And to go from one section to another, the last question of the section being viewed must be visited.
- The new section would start from the very first question of it.
- This implies that the section and questions can be accessed anytime by the candidates.
New Practice Centers Set Up for JEE Main 2019
A new facility has been made regarding the mock tests of JEE Main 2019 by National Test Agency (NTA). Now students can avail free mocks at practice centres. Students do not need to fill any credentials for the login but have to register to avail the service. The online registration (practice centres) starts from Sep 10, 2018, 11am.
The online mock tests at practice centres would be accessible to only those students who have registered for them. By doing so, NTA aims at:-
- Making the students familiar with the pattern of the online exam.
- To give the candidates an opportunity to work on time management.
- To give a prior experience so that the students don’t panic in the real examination.
- To help students in evaluating their preparation and to find their weak areas and work upon them.
Steps to Register for JEE Main 2019 Practice Centers:
- Visit the official website, https://ntatpc.in/
- Login using your facebook or google credentials.
- Submit personal details and upload your scanned photograph along with a valid photo ID.
- After this, submit contact details and academic details/exam details. And in the end choose five practice centres according to your convenience and get your registration done.
- Number of registrations per practice centre do not have any limit but they would be allotted on the basis of first come first serve only.
JEE Main 2019 would be conducted twice in a year and would be in online mode. The exam would be conducted in January and April. For the examination to be conducted in January, registrations has been started from Sep 1 to 30, 2018. For exam in April, the online registrations would commence from Feb 8 to Mar 7, 2019.