IIT JEE Main Engineering Colleges in Bihar
IIT JEE (Main) offers admission to aspirants in some of the top B.Tech colleges in Bihar. However, various government and private colleges in Bihar offer admission through BCECE and entrance exams conducted by universities. The top 3 engineering colleges in Bihar that offer admission through IIT JEE (Main) scores are mentioned below. Details about the admission process, courses offered as also placements are mentioned in this article.
IIT JEE (Main) would be held in month of Jan and April 2019. It is a national level entrance test conducted by the NTA. It is the single gateway for admission to engineering and architecture courses to IITs, NITs, and many other government colleges. Students seeking admission in top engineering colleges of the country need to appear for IIT JEE (Main).
IIT JEE (Main) acts as a portal for aspirants seeking admission in the states of Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Nagaland, Uttarakhand, and Gujarat. Many credible private engineering colleges in India also offer admission based on JEE Main scores.
Overview on B.Tech Colleges in Bihar which accept IIT JEE (Main) Score
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna
NIT Patna is a standout amongst the most looked for after schools in Bihar which was established in 1924. It is one of the 31 NIT’s in India and is works straightforwardly under the MHRD, Government of India. It is a public Engineering University located in the capital city of Bihar.
The foundation offers B.Tech in 6 Specialization, B. Curve and 3 Integrated courses in M.Sc. Various M.Tech courses in different fields are likewise offered in NIT, Patna. The all out number of seats offered for B.Tech and B.Arch courses is around 300.
Get most recent news and updates of JEE Main 2019 through email or SMS.
Highlights Table for NIT Admission
Applicants must go through the highlights of NIT, Patna carefully. The list of important details about the admission process for the academic year of 2018-19 is given as follows:
|Name of the College||National Institute of Technology, Patna|
|Basic admission criteria||IIT JEE (Mains) Scores|
|Last Date to apply||September 30, 2018|
|Name of the conducting body||JoSAA|
|Entrance exam date||Jan and April 2019|
|Entrance exam result||30 Jan 2019 and 30 April, 2019|
|Counseling Date||Second week of June 2019|
NIT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility norms set up by the Institute. The eligibility criteria are stated as follows:
- Applicants must secure a minimum of 75% aggregate (10% relaxation for SC/ ST category) in class 12 exam from a recognized board. The top 20 percentile achievers in the exam will be preferred.
- They must qualify IIT JEE (Main) 2019 with the cut-off as prescribed by NTA.
- Foreign nationals are also eligible and should follow the admission process as given on the official website of IIT JEE (Main).
NIT Courses offered and Seat Matrix
Various UG engineering courses are offered in NIT, Patna. The seat intake of the institute per course is mentioned below:
|4 year B Tech Course||Bihar State Quota||Other than Bihar quota|
|Computer science and engineering||60||60|
|Electronics and communication||46||46|
|5 year B Arch course|
NIT Reservation Criteria
Reservation of seats will be applicable for female applicants, reserved category, and PH candidates. The category-wise reservation will be as laid down by Government of India and is given below:
|Category||Reservation of seats (In percentage)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||3%|
NIT Application Process for Counseling
NIT, Patna Counseling, and allotment of seats will be carried out by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) based on ranks secured in IIT JEE (Main) 2019. The registration process will take place as stated below:
- Students who clear IIT JEE (Main) 2019 cut-off must register themselves online through the official website of IIT JEE (Main) or CSAB for the counseling process.
- They will be required to choose the desired college, course and fill in the other necessary details.
- The completion of the registration process will be marked after aspirants lock their preferences.
- The status of allotment of colleges will be displayed shortly after on the official website.
- Applicants must then report to the allotted institute along with IIT JEE (Main) call letter, admission fee and original documents.
NIT Placement Record
The institute offers about 80% placement. It offers good packages with the average package around INR 5.5 lakhs. Some of the top companies that offer placements are:
- Aditya Birla Group
- Tata Steel
- Mu Sigma
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
- Saint Gobain
Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Patna
BIT, Patna was established in the year 2006 with the aim of providing quality education in the field of Technology. The institute is affiliated to BIT, Mesra and is a public-private type college.
It offers a number of full-time B Tech, B Arch and M Tech courses. There are around 480 seats available for UG courses and 60 seats for PG courses. The duration of B Tech courses is 4 years, for B Arch course it is 5 years and that for M Tech courses are 2 years.
BIT Highlights Table
Students must read the highlights of BIT, Patna carefully. The list of important details about the admission process is stated below:
|Name of the College||Birla Institute of Technology, Patna|
|Basic admission criteria||IIT JEE (Main) Scores|
|Last Date to apply||September 30, 2018|
|Name of the conducting body||BIT, Patna|
|Entrance Mode||Online and Offline|
|Entrance exam date||April 2019|
|Entrance exam Result||April 27, 2019|
BIT Eligibility Criteria
Individuals must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria of BIT, Patna. The criteria are stated below:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with at least 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved categories) and PCM/ PCB as main subjects along with a language as a compulsory subject.
- Aspirants belonging to the NRI/ PIO/ SFFS category must have passed class 12thexaminations or equivalent to seek admission to B Tech/ BE or B Arch program.
BIT Courses and Seat Intake
BIT, Patna offers about 7 different specializations in B. Tech programs. The fee structure is around INR 1,25,000 per year. The seat intake for each course is given below:
|4 year B Tech Course||Seat intake|
|Computer science and engineering||60|
|Electrical and Electronics engineering||60|
BIT Application Process
Candidates will be required to fill the BIT, Patna college application form for seeking admission in this institute. The mode of filling the application form is online.
- Individuals must log on to the official website of BIT, Patna to fill the online application form.
- They will have to enter necessary personal details like name, address, date of birth as also academic qualifications like IIT JEE (Main) 2019 score, rank and marks secured in the qualifying exam.
- After filling the application form, aspirants must pay the application fee of INR 2500 (INR 1500 for reserved category) by the online mode. Fees can be remitted using Credit/ Debit card or net banking only.
BIT Admission Process
The admission process will be conducted by the examination authority of BIT, Patna. Candidates will be admitted to various B. Tech courses on the basis of IIT JEE Main 2019 ranks. The admission process is explained in brief:
- Candidates who have appeared for IIT JEE (Main) must mention their score, rank, roll number and other details in the college application form.
- The organizing body will shortlist students based on the details provided in the form and they will be called for counseling.
- Individuals must then submit certain documents for verification and then fill the preference form to specify the course preferred by them.
- They will be allotted seats according to merit and preferences exercised by them in the option form.
BIT Placement Record
Bangalore Institute of Technology, Patna witnesses around 70% placements with renowned companies like TCS, Amazon, Flipkart, and Accenture that come in for campus placements. The average salary is about INR 3.5 to 4.5 lakhs per annum. Various other companies that offer job placements to aspirants of this institute are-
- Cybage India Software
Vidya Vihar Institute of Technology, Purnea
Vidya Vihar Institute of Technology (VVIT) is a privately owned, MHRD and AICTE approved Institute. It is located in Purnea, Bihar and is affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna. It was founded in 2009 and is one of the colleges in Bihar that accepts IIT JEE (Main) scores as the basis of admission.
It offers 4 full-time B. Tech courses as also various management and engineering diploma programs. The seat intake for UG engineering courses is 240, the duration of courses being 4 years.
Applicants will be given admission to the programs offered by VVIT on the basis of scores obtained in IIT JEE (Main). The highlights of the admission procedure are given below:
|Name of the College||Vidya Vihar Institute of Technology, Purnea|
|Basic admission criteria||JEE Main 2017 and BPTPIA entrance test|
|Last Date to apply||Round the year registration|
|Name of the conducting body||VVIT, Purnea|
|Entrance Mode||Online and Offline|
|Entrance exam date||JEE (Mains)- Jan and April 2019
BPTPIA- May 2019
VVIT Eligibility Criteria
Interested applicants should meet the general eligibility norms to be considered for admission. The eligibility criteria for VVIT, Purnea is as stated below:
- Students should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocation Subject.
- They should have obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
- Aspirants must clear the IIT JEE Main 2019 cut off as decided by the officials of the institute.
VVIT Courses Offered and Seat Intake
VVIT offers 4 B. Tech courses and admits candidates on the basis of IIT JEE (Main) rank. The fee per semester for each engineering course is INR 37,500. The courses offered along with the seat intake are given below:
|4 year B Tech Course||Intake|
|Computer Science Engineering||60|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||60|
In this institute, 85% seats are filled on the basis of merit wherein caste based reservation is also applicable. The remaining 15% seats fall under the management quota.
VVIT Application Process
Candidates seeking admission to various courses in VVIT, Purnea must fill up application forms. These forms will be available online, on the website of the college. Refer to the following guidelines for the application procedure:
- Visit the official website of VVIT
- Individuals must fill up the online application form and enter personal and academic information. They must ensure that they provide accurate information like JEE Main 2019 score, rank, roll number and other details.
- They must pay INR 100 as application fees by the online payment gateway.
VVIT Selection Procedure
Students will be selected on the basis of scores obtained in IIT JEE (Main). The short-listed individuals must attend a counseling session at the college campus. They will have to submit certain documents for verification and they will then fill the offline preference form. Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit and as per the options exercised by the applicants.
VVIT Placement Record
Vidya Vihar Institute of Technology has a number of companies come in for recruitment of students. The various reputed companies who offer placement jobs to the students of this college are:
- Maruti Suzuki
- Vleek Infotech