JEE Main Syllabus for Paper 1 (Engineering) and Paper 2 (Architecture) is relied upon to be same as a year ago. The National Testing Agency will sort out JEE Main 2020 two times every year in online mode.
Most recent Updates
- NTA has discharged IIT addresses for JEE Main Aspirants. Download Now
- Exam centers list is currently accessible on the official site.
- JEE Main 2020 Slot booking points of interest are currently accessible.
The designing exam will have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics segments, though, engineering exam incorporates Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing area.
Despite the fact that the organizing body for JEE has changed from CBSE to NTA, the prospectus and example are required to stay same. The inquiries for PCM will be encircled out of NCERT books of Class eleventh and twelfth. For a superior thought, the experts will discharge the example papers and ridicule papers online in the blink of an eye.
Listed below are quick facts of the paper pattern of JEE Main:
- Paper 1 will have 90 inquiries of 4 denotes each.
- Paper 2 will have 82 inquiries of fluctuating stamping plan.
- Wannabes can pick one or both the JEE Main paper.
- The exam length of both the papers is 3 hours each.
- A compensatory time of 1 hour is given to applicants with 40% incapacity.
JEE Main 2019 will be directed in April and December. Applicants looking for admissions to B.E./B.Tech and B.Arch courses to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs can apply as when the enrollment window opens. The prospectus of both the papers is extraordinary, perused on to find out about the weightage, imperative points and best books to plan from.
Get most recent news and updates of JEE Main 2020 through email or SMS.
JEE Main Syllabus 2020
JEE Main Syllabus – Mathematics
Mathematics section consists of class 11 and 12th topics as per CBSE Syllabus. There are total 30 questions from this section. Major topics under this section are:
- Coordinate Geometry
Topic-wise Mathematics Weightage
IMPORTANT TOPICS EXPECTED WEIGHTAGE Coordinate Geometry 12% Integral Calculus 12% Trigonometry 7% Sequence and Series 7% Matrices and Determinants 7% Differential Equations 7%
Tabulated below are the most important topics with an expected number of questions in JEE Main 2019:
Topic No. of questions Sets, Relations and Functions 1 Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations 3 Matrices and Determinants 2 Permutations and Combinations 1 Mathematical Induction 1 Binomial Theorem and its simple applications 1 Sequences and Series 2 Limit, Continuity and Differentiability 1 Integral Calculus 3 Differential Equations 1 Co-Ordinate Geometry 5 Three-Dimensional Geometry 3 Vector Algebra 1 Statistics and Probability 2 Trigonometry 2 Mathematical Reasoning 1
Difficulty level of Mathematics Section
As per the previous year trends, the level of difficulty of JEE Main Math section is moderate to difficult:
|Difficulty level||No. of Questions|
JEE Main Mathematics: Best Books
|Maths XI & XII||R.D. Sharma|
|Plane Trigonometry||S.L. Loney|
|Higher Algebra||Hall & Knight|
|IIT Mathematics||A Das Gupta|
|Problems of Calculus in one Variable||I.A. Maron|
JEE Main Syllabus 2019: Chemistry
Chemistry section has three sub-sections including Physical Chemistry, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry. The following topics have been exam favourites over the years and must be given more time and effort as compared to other topics.
Topic-wise Chemistry Weightage
|IMPORTANT TOPICS||EXPECTED WEIGHTAGE|
|Carbohydrates, Amino Acids and Polymers||7%|
|Transition Elements & Coordination Chemistry||9%|
|Periodic Table and Representative elements||6%|
|General Organic Chemistry||6%|
Following table illustrates Chemistry chapters and percentage of questions asked in JEE Main.
|TOPIC||PERCENTAGE OF QUESTION|
|General Organic Chemistry||9|
|Alcohol Phenol Ether||7|
|Aldehyde & Ketones||5|
|Amines and Diazonium Salts||2|
|Alkanes, Alkenes &Alkynes||2|
JEE Main Chemistry: Best Books
|Physical Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Numerical Chemistry||P Bahadur|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Chemistry||RC Mukherjee|
|Organic Chemistry||Paula Bruice Yurkanis|
|Organic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
JEE Main 2019 Physics Syllabus
The Physics syllabus contains two sections — A and B. Section A pertains to the theory having 80% weightage, while Section B contains practical component (Experimental Skills) having 20% weightage. There are 30 questions from this section in JEE Main 2019.
The syllabus can be broadly segregated into the following 5 sections:
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Electrostatics and Magnetism
- Current Electricity and Electromagnetism
- Optics and Modern Physics
Topic-wise Physics Weightage
|IMPORTANT TOPICS||EXPECTED WEIGHTAGE|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||11%|
|Current and Electricity||7%|
Following table indicates Physics chapters and percentage of questions asked in JEE Main.
|TOPIC||PERCENTAGE OF QUESTION|
|Laws of Motion||6|
|Magnetic effect of current and Magnetism||6|
|Simple Harmonic Motion||5|
|Units Dimension Errors||4|
|Work Energy Power||4|
|Physics of Nucleus||3|
|Solids and Semiconductor Devices||2|
|Center of Mass, Impulse and Momentum||2|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases||2|
JEE Main Physics: Best Books
|Concept of Physics Part 1&2||H.C. Verma|
|IIT JEE Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|Problems in Physics||S.S. Krotov|
|Fundamental of Physics||Resnick, Halliday and Walker|
JEE Main Syllabus: Paper 2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)
JEE Main Paper 2 is for candidates who wish to pursue B.Arch and B.Planning in JEE Mains scores accepting colleges/ institutes. The exam will comprise of 3 sections:
Part 1: Mathematics- 30 Questions
Part 2: Aptitude Test- 50 Questions
Part 3: Drawing Test- 2 Questions
Drawing Test Syllabus
- Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build—environment.
- Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings.
- Visualising different sides of three-dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal)
- Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
- Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban scape, landscape and rural life.
Highlights of JEE Main Exam Pattern
JEE Main 2019 is conducted in two papers – Paper 1 (Engineering) and Paper (Architecture). A quick sneak peek is given below:
|JEE MAIN PAPER||PAPER 1||PAPER 2|
|Programs Offered||B.E./ B.Tech.||B.Arch/ B.Planning|
|Sections/ Subjects||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Aptitude Test, Mathematics & Drawing|
|Type of Questions||MCQs||MCQs + Drawing|
|Medium of Exam||English/ Hindi/ Other regional language||English/ Hindi/ Other regional language|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours||3 hours|
|JEE Marking Scheme||+4 marks | – ¼ marks||+4 marks | – ¼ marks | 2*35 = Drawing Ques|